Remediating the 7 Most Common Error Sounds Using the SATPAC Approach
This workshop is for 0.6 ASHA CEUs
- February 1, 2018
- February 2, 2018
- Courtyard Phoenix Airport
- 2621 S. 47th St.
- Phoenix, AZ 85034
- April 12, 2018
- April 13, 2018 SOLD OUT!
- Faifield Inn & Suites
- 8058 Orchard Loop Ln
- Elk Grove, CA 95624
- April 27, 2018
- Corona-Norco Unified School District
- 2820 Clark Ave.
- Norco, CA 92860
- April 28, 2018
- Couryard Anaheim Cypress
- 5865 Katella Ave
- Cypress, CA 90630
FALL WORKSHOPS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
|9:15||Multimodality Approach to /s/ and /r/ Remediation|
|10:45||Multimodality Approach to /s/ and /r/ Remediation (cont.)|
|11:15||SATPAC Program Specifics/ Other Essentials|
|12:30||Remediating Other Sounds Using the SATPAC Approach|
|1:00||Navigating the SATPAC program|
|1:30||Case Studies and Developing SATPAC Lists|
|3:15||Evaluation and Final Questions|
- To learn an efficient, systematic way to do articulation/phonology therapy with emphasis on the /r/ and /s/ sounds
- To learn the necessary prerequisite oral-motor skills
- To learn nonsense consonant-vowel combinations based upon facilitating contexts into CVCCVC contexts using coarticulation
- To learn how to transfer developed skills into real phrases, sentences and conversation
The workshop is designed to train the SLP to:
- Explain the rationale for and explain how to achieve stabilization of the lips, jaw and tongue
- Identify the 3 phases of the SATPAC Program, what each phase involves and the rationale for each phase
- Develop individualized articulation and phonology disorders treatment plans using the SATPAC Approach
- Develop specific treatment programs using case studies
“What a great time saver.”
“This was probably the clearest, most functional presentation on artic./phonology I’ve seen in recent memory.”
“I can’t imagine improving on the info today.”
“Too bad all workshops aren’t this helpful.”
“This was a great in-service.”
“Your training was fabulous!.”
“Wow, what a lot of work and thought you put into this program.”
“What a useful product and approach.”
“What a contribution to our field!”
“Great system. I have used it with success.”
SATPAC Speech is approved by the Continuing Education Board of ASHA to provide continuing education activities in speech-language pathology. This program is offered for .6 CEUs (Intermediate level; Professional area). ASHA CE Provider approval does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.
Statement of Disclosure
Stephen Sacks is the owner of SATPAC Speech and receives monetary compensation from the sale of the SATPAC Program. Content will focus primarily on the SATPAC program/approach.
Questions? Call (559)360-0839 or (559)438-4426 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Sacks is a board member of the Oral-Motor Institute.